FW: Defining help window type from index

Subject: FW: Defining help window type from index
From: Nicholas Russon <nrusson -at- LAVASYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 08:42:14 -0500

Sorry to be constantly asking for assistance, but my
counterpart on the user documentation side had a request that
I'm hoping someone on the list can help with:

<<<Begin>>>
>Anyone know a quick and easy/dirty answer to the following ... I've built a
>standard Win95 help system with two window types: a larger main window for
>overview topics, and a smaller procedure window for step-by-step
>instructions. The topics appear in the appropriate windows when called from
>the Contents tab, but everything called from the Index tab appears in a
>procedure window, since this is the default window type. Any idea how to
>define the window type for topic entries in the Index?

>Apologies for not directing this question to the WinHelp list (can't seem to
>subscribe successfully). I also checked the Help Author's Guide but could
>not find a reference to this problem.
<<<End>>>

Please send any responses directly to me, nrusson -at- lavasys -dot- com, or
to Ron Scott, rscott -at- lavasys -dot- com -dot- If there is sufficient interest, we
will summarize responses and either post to the list or forward to any
interested parties.

Regards,