Re: Postscript vs. PDF

Subject: Re: Postscript vs. PDF
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:32:36 -0700

>Has anyone else had similar results with Postscript vs. PDF files?

Yes. IMHO, postscript files are huge and not terribly portable.
PDF files are still big (tho smaller) but much more portable.

One interesting thing I discovered the other day is that PDF
files can be opened by Adobe Illustrator (5.5). This makes
for a convenient way to switch file formats for large graphics.

Lastly, SteveJ commented that:

>(PDF) Files can be incorporated into Web pages

Correct me if I'm wrong (Arlen), but PDF files can be
_called_ by Web pages but actually are still viewed by
Abode Acrobat, not a Web browser. This is not true of
Adobe's competitor, Tumbleweed.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
QUALCOMM

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus