Re: Copyrights and legal agreements

Subject: Re: Copyrights and legal agreements
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 12:56:46 -0800

At 01:48 PM 12/16/96 -0600, Chris Hamilton wrote:
>Colleagues--

>I have to sign an "employee protective agreement" at my job. The part of
>the agreement having to do with copyright says:

>EMPLOYEE hereby acknowledges that any copyrights created while he/she is
>an employee of (company name) shall be considered a word made for hire
>with title thereto in (company name).

Surely there is little controversy here. We should all know that we're hired
pens and that everything we write using company resources belongs to the
company. The same is true, by the way, for screen writers in Hollywood.

--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040