Re: Degrees, certification, blah, et cetera

Subject: Re: Degrees, certification, blah, et cetera
From: * <sfarmh1 -at- SCFN -dot- THPL -dot- LIB -dot- FL -dot- US>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 17:01:54 -0500

At the risk of Walker's Wrath <g>, I seem to recall some
English students recently brought suit -- and prevailed --
against a school for failing to provide the educational
benefits it claimed (acceptance to a good ''public'' school,
as I recall). I think there ought to be SOME accountability
someplace ... it might make the schools more responsive to
the needs of the marketplace (if that is the intent of the
course) -- simultaneously, it would (I should think) impress
the students with the notion that they MUST make every
effort to be ''job-ready'' since other students (from the
same school) WILL be job-ready.

BEFORE THE FLAMES, this is NOT NOT NOT to imply that any
poster at any time ever failed to take full advantage of any
university's course in any subject. And I doubt anyone need
to defend Arlen !! If any one does (a) take offense or (b)
feel the need to defend the Chief of Redundency -- and
repetition, too --my address follows: please keep attacks
off list.

john glenn <sfarmh1 -at- scfn -dot- thpl -dot- lib -dot- fl -dot- us>
...do not make a statement that cannot be easily
understood on the grounds that it will be understood
eventually. (Hillel)