Re: Agency and interviewing quesitons

Subject: Re: Agency and interviewing quesitons
From: byfield -at- DIRECT -dot- CA
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 11:20:18 -0800

Krista van Laan <vanlaan -at- BILBO -dot- NTC -dot- NOKIA -dot- COM> wrote:

>But I do show samples and I would like to know if that
>is wrong, and if so, how. Are these things determined
>contract by contract, or is there really an implicit
>law or understanding covering the whole subject?

I'm no lawyer, but I imagine that the issue simply comes down to
copyright. A company owns the contents of its manual, and
has the right to control distribution if it chooses.

The simplest thing is to get permission, preferably in writing.
If the material is confidential, one solution might be to choose
the sample carefully, change some names, and then get approval
for using it.

Bruce Byfield (byfield -at- direct -dot- ca)
Burnaby, BC, Canada
(604) 421-7189