Re: Winword documentation

Subject: Re: Winword documentation
From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 14:19:26 GMT

Mike Dannenberg writes:

However, the answer to the 64000$ question was: (drum roll) CTRL-Q
removes directly applied paragraph formats from the selected text,
CTRL-SPACE does the same for character formats. So the feature actually
exists, but I couldn't find it in two hours of studying the online help
and the big tome they make you buy extra if you want documentation.
<<

To be honest, I thought everyone knew about CTRL-Q and CTRL-SPACE
(though I often muddle them up with one another), but then again as MS
say themselves, most of the features requested for the next version are
already there. For example, the conditional text and Reference Documents
features in Word are fine, but they are well hidden!

I find the Word documentation and on-line help comprehensive, but I can
never find what I want in it, so it is useless when I'm stuck. I'd
always assumed it another Transatlantic issue, in that I was searching
for the wrong word, but maybe that's not the case if US English speakers
have the same problems.

Iain Harrison
iharrison -at- sct -dot- co -dot- uk