Re[2]: FrameMaker Discrepancy -Reply

Subject: Re[2]: FrameMaker Discrepancy -Reply
From: Becca Barrett <BBarrett -at- CFIPRO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 11:37:22 PST

Framemaker may not be absolutely necessary for a job in Portland, but
the majority of the job ads ask for it and it is being used in a
number of the software firms in the area.

Becca Barrett
CFI ProServices
bbarrett -at- cfipro -dot- com

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Discrepancy -Reply
Author: Chuck Melikian <chuckm -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM> at Internet
Date: 12/5/96 3:16 PM

Someone wrote:

# Framemaker knowledge is absolutely necessary to get a tech writing job in
# the Pacific Northwest.

Uhhh, I don't think so. Last time I checked, Portland was still considered
part of the Pacific Northwest. If you came to our company without
FrameMaker experience, we wouldn't be the least bit bothered by it.
We use Interleaf. And we use CyberLeaf for our web publishing (in the
Measurements divsion, I don't know about the Color Printer or Video
Networking divisions).

Chuck Melikian
Worldwide Customer Communications
Tektronix, Inc.