Re: A user's commentary

Subject: Re: A user's commentary
From: Rebecca Phillips <Rebecca -at- QRONUS -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 12:30:12 +0200

Thanks, Arlen, for the interesting (if depressing) user's commentary. I
find it helpful, particularly this part:

>----------
>2. Computer manuals do not have a Chapter 1. This is the chapter that
>tells you, in plain English, what the software does, how it works, and how
>to get started. This chapter has been removed from the Filemaker Pro
>manual, and something else was named Chapter 1.

My SMEs are always trying to take out the Chapter 1 part or put it as
the last chapter of the book. They say nobody needs all that background
junk. If they bought the product, they are supposed to know what to do
with it. They almost had me really thinking they could be right. After
reading this comment, though, I think I'll expand the chapter instead.

Rebecca

Rebecca M. Phillips
Documentation Manager
Qronus Interactive Ltd.