Re: DTP Shootout

Subject: Re: DTP Shootout
From: Jerry Kindall <kindall -at- MANUAL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 01:59:35 -0500

Christie Christopherson <chrisc -at- CACHE -dot- NET> wrote:

>I'm sorry to hear about those problems. I must admit that I wasn't
>satisfied with WPWin 6.0 because of its many quirks; however, WPWin 6.1
>and now WordPerfect 7 have performed very well. Corel has done a
>tremendous job with version 7.

I stopped using WordPerfect the day it erased every bit of text in my
document in response to a single keystroke and gave me no way to undo the
action. To this day, I have no idea what key I pressed to invoke this
action. This was WordPerfect 2, I believe, for the Mac.

The same day I began using Word, which I think was version 3 at that
point. Word 5.1 for the Mac is now my preferred word processor. I will
use Word 6, the current version, only under duress, such as the
enticement of a large advance on a book which must be written using this
Spawn of Satan. I've done several large projects with 5.1. However,
I'll likely switch to FrameMaker for my next big job and see how it goes.

--
Jerry Kindall <kindall -at- manual -dot- com>
Manual Labor <http://www.manual.com/>

Technical Writing; Internet & WWW Consulting