Frame Spelling Problem

Subject: Frame Spelling Problem
From: Bob Hooker <rlhooker -at- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 21:52:32 -0500

After all the brouhaha about Frame vs Word, I'm a bit chary about admitting to a strange problem with Frame 5.1.1, especially after I just talked my management into buying it because Word was disintegrating on me in long documents.

The problem is that Frame is arbitrarily deciding which paragraph format types it will check and which it won't. It checks headers and sideheaders just fine; it's the body text, including regular text, bullets, number lists, and tables that it ignores. It's set up to allow space for sideheaders, and the paragraphs it won't check are all within the main body. However, turning off the "Leave Room for Sideheaders" has no effect. I am marking it to recheck spelling and all paragraphs are set up for US English.

I've tried everything that Frame support and I can think of. (Haven't been able to email them a copy of the doc yet - but that's another story.) I won't bore you with the whole list of what I've tried, but it's substantial.

The environment: Pentium 166 with 32 Mb memory running FrameMaker 5.1.1 on Windows 95. I've got the same setup on two PCs (an Acer and a Dell) and have the same problem on both.

Any clues??