Re: Which DTP do you use

Subject: Re: Which DTP do you use
From: Robert & Betty Gravlin <rbg -at- TETRANET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 08:12:26 -0600

I have to agree with Christie Christopherson. WordPerfect is no harder
to learn than MS Word. The big difference is that the Master Document
feature in WordPerfect works much better, which makes it easier to
create a table of contents and index. I think the sweat was well worth
it. MS Word is buggy and too dependent on the mouse, which makes my
mouse hand very tired after a long day of formatting a doc. I hate
having to format each paragraph separately in Word. In WordPerfect,
it obeys the format code until I turn off the format code. I can see
what I'm doing because I have Reveal Codes, unlike Word.

I use PageMaker only for short docs like a newsletter. It was hard to
learn, but it is a necessary product with some projects. WordPerfect is
industrial strength; Word is not.
Betty Gravlin
--
St. Louis, MO USA