Format for Requirements & FS docx

Subject: Format for Requirements & FS docx
From: jsokohl -at- CAMPBELLSOFT -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:48:38 -0600

Hi all!

I'm in DESPARATE need of format & content advice. I'd like to create a
standard template for our software requirements docs and functional
specification documents. I'm meeting resistance from one of our
product managers--he doesn't want to adhere to a standard approach to
these docs.

My contention: if we use templates, we not only save time (fill in the
blanks versus deciding what the blanks need to be), but we also
enhance readability (with proper fonts, spacing, and the like when
writers use styles) and corporate identity.

Anyway, I'm looking for topics you'd have as standards in a generic
functional spec & a generic requirements doc. If you can help, I
surely would appreciate it ("And stop calling me Shirley!"__Leslie
Nielsen, "Airplane").

joe