Re: Desperately Seeking Graphics in Word Expertise

Subject: Re: Desperately Seeking Graphics in Word Expertise
From: David Wolicki <DavidW -at- TELAVIV -dot- DDDDF -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 18:04:00 PST

You could try linking the graphics but not saving them in the document.

There's a checkbox in the lower right-hand corner of the Insert Pic Dialog
box that allows you to do this.

For the sake of good organization I'd recommend keeping the relevant
graphics files in the same directory as the DOC file (or in a PIC
subdirectory).

David Wolicki
davidw -at- telaviv -dot- ddddf -dot- com
New Dimension Software Inc.
Israel
----------

From: TECHWR-L
To: TECHWR-L
Date: Thursday, December 05, 1996 10:45AM

To: techwr-l @ listserv.okstate.edu
cc:

A colleague of mine created a Word6 document, 37 pages long, with many
graphics (screen shots), which is an unwieldy 11 MB. He inserted the
graphics by saving them as .gif files and doing a File/Insert Picture in
Word. I am sure there must be a way to decrease the size of this doc by
inserting the graphics in a different way (different format or different
method). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks very much,
Gillian