Re: Zip drives (was: RE: Telecommuting/office set-up)

Subject: Re: Zip drives (was: RE: Telecommuting/office set-up)
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 11:34:03 -0800

<snip>
At 11:03 AM 12/3/96 -0600, Eric Haddock wrote:
> Our problem with Zip was with the driver software. We tried to install
>an Epson Zip drive on a machine running Windows95. Alas, the installation
>software is incompatible with Windows95 somehow (we tried multiple W95
>'puters). We were able to get it going on one running WindowsNT however.

That's news to me, as I've been using my ZIP drive exclusively under Win95
since I installed it.

I don't think it's the driver software.

Win
------------------
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com
</snip>
Like Win, my wife has never had a problem with her Zip drive. She asks, "Is
it an Iomega Zip drive or an Epson Zip drive?" She wonders if "Zip" has
already become a generic term for high capacity storage disks. I know
SyQuest makes a competing product. Does Epson?

--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040