Conversion from WinHelp to Mac help

Subject: Conversion from WinHelp to Mac help
From: ArtElser -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 13:29:21 -0500

Hi Techwhirlers,

I need some advice. We have a large file that we want to display in WinHelp.
That's the easy part. We then want to convert that WinHelp file into a help
file that can be viewed in a Macintosh help window.

The original files are for a paper document and are now in FrameMaker 5. I
know we can save the files as rtf and use them directly or open them in Word
6 to get them into WinHelp. The problem then is how to go from the rtf or
Word 6 files into some kind of Mac help files.

Do any of you know of conversion programs that allow Word 6 or rtf files to
be brought into a Mac help window? Apple Guide? We're really groping here and
have a pretty tight deadline, so let us know if it's impossible and we need
to shoot ourselves. Or let us know how to do it and spare the cleaning crew
the trouble.

If any of you have suggestions, please email them to me at:

artelser -at- aol -dot- com

or

art -dot- elser -at- comtech-serv -dot- com

TIA

Art Elser
Comtech Services, Inc.
Denver, Colorado