Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?

Subject: Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?
From: dave -dot- wood -at- MARRIOTT -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 09:07:06 EST

<<<Most knowledgeable sources that I've run across on Web site design
>suggest creating JPG and interlaced GIF files to be read at
640x480x256. Many users whose monitors are capable of higher
resolutions regularly use this setting anyway. And that means that 256
should be the total number of colors on the page, not just in each
individual photo or graphic.>>>

The problem we run into here is that our system support people use
Saber Menus to admininster network user desktops under Windows 3.1 and
have users locked down to 640x480x16. Those of us running local
desktop or Win95 aren't affected, but we still have to design for an
audience who can see only 16-colors.

My opinion, not Marriott's. Standard disclaimers apply.
Dave Wood, Documentation Manager, Corporate Accounting Services
Marriott International, Washington DC
(800) 638-8108, extension 84339, email: dave -dot- wood -at- marriott -dot- com
"No profit grows where is no pleasure taken."
Taming of the Shrew, Act 1, Scene 1