Re: Truth in advertising

Subject: Re: Truth in advertising
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 20:24:19 -0500

Perhaps I should make myself clear before people get the wrong idea.

I don't in any way, shape, or form, propose that you place an out-and-out lie
on a resume, such as what degrees you have if you don't have them. I was just
throwing out a question.

The way I handle education is as follows. I have a BS in Biology that I
received about 22 years ago. However, I recognize that having a masters is an
asset...unfortunatly, I don't have one yet. What I DO put on the resume is
that I'm currently working toward a masters at honors level.

This seems to set the tone that while I don't have one, I am motivated enough
to get one. This covers the goal-orientation aspect and at the same time,
gives the impression that I am still interested in continuing to better myself.