flat fee question...

Subject: flat fee question...
From: Bobby Collins <bcollins -at- IPA -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 14:48:49 -0600

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions for pricing on the owners manual. I incorporated
most in my bid for the job, about which, I have not yet heard.

Another question...New client is a small ad agency in Arkansas. I've just
completed two small jobs for which I billed $25/hour ($300 total). They are
suggesting an on-going relationship (probably similar assignments monthly),
but would prefer a flat fee. I would like to develop a regular relationship
(spell that: I-need-the-work), and am therefore open to the idea.
Having considered the possibilities of long-long assignments, short-short
assignments, research-intensive assignments, and familiar themes, I am
thinking of a number between $200 and $400 per assignment.
So, have I missed anything? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Bobby ( Pricing myself drives me NUTS!)
Bobby Collins
Business Writing Services