FW: Calling Help contents from VB

Subject: FW: Calling Help contents from VB
From: Nicholas Russon <nrusson -at- LAVASYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:31:03 -0500

Dear Techwhirlers:
I've been asked to forward this request to the list. If you can help,
please reply to me or to rscott -at- lavasys -dot- com and I will summarize
the responses if anyone is interested.

Begin forwarded message:

>Can you post a message to the tech writers list to see if anyone has come
>across this before? Thanks. Here's the situation ...

>Built a basic Win95 help file using Microsoft Help Workshop. But when trying
>to call the help file from a VB program using the Winhelp "Help_Contents"
>command, the main window of the help file appears and displays the first help
>topic in the RTF file instead of the Contents tab. Believe it is a
>programming issue, because the help file works fine by double-clicking the
>HLP file, and if the programmer substitutes and calls another help file the
>same thing happens (no contents tab).

>Has anyone worked on help for VB apps and encountered this problem? The
>developer has checked a number of different online sources and cannot find
>any reference to this situation.

End forwarded message

Regards,
Nicholas

Nicholas Russon
nrusson -at- lavasys -dot- com (work) nrusson -at- io -dot- org (home)
http://www.lavasys.com http://www.io.org/~nrusson

It is impossible to imagine the universe run by a wise, just, and
omnipotent God, but it is quite easy to imagine it run by a board of
gods. If such a board actually exists it operates precisely like the
board of a corporation that is losing money. (H.L. Mencken)