Re[2]: Retaining small caps in HTML

Subject: Re[2]: Retaining small caps in HTML
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:34:00 -0600

When I convert a document that contains small caps to HTML, the small
caps appear as lowercase in the browser. Horrors!
Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or tricks regarding how to
retain small caps in HTML?

Reliably? No. FWIW, I tried both the <FONT> and <SMALL> suggestions, and
only found two browsers they worked with.

There is *no* way in HTML (say *that* real fast :{>}) to produce small caps
reliably across all browsers without pain and suffering. There are some tags
which will work in some browsers, but none of them are universal.

Now, if I might ask, why do you feel it necessary to use them? What's the
effect you're striving for? Perhaps there's another way to achieve it. Then
again, there's always PDF. ;{>}

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224