Re: Jargon query

Subject: Re: Jargon query
From: Michael Priestley <mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:20:39 EST

laura (a temporary polie) (praderla -at- cyprus -dot- spole -dot- gov) writes
>could you post for me, the question of what does UNICOM stand for?

Try "universal integrated communication system".

It's the only definition we had on file. I have no idea what it _means_,
mind you, but that's what it stands for (or at least, that's one of the
things it stands for).

Hope this helps,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.