Re: Does HTML recognize small caps?

Subject: Re: Does HTML recognize small caps?
From: Sanford Carr <spcarr -at- NEBULA -dot- ISPACE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 12:55:23 -400

On 26 Nov 96 at 15:58, Jeremy M Lerman wrote:

> I've been informed that when a document has been converted to an
> HTML file, text that was originally defined as small caps is
> automatically converted to lowercase. Horrors!

You can do small caps in HTML by reducing the font size. This is
somewhat of a kludge, and will not work in all browsers.

<FONT SIZE=-1>SMALL CAPS</FONT>

I don't know how any of the myriad conversion programs can be made to
handle this automagically. Perhaps with a style?

Sanford

Sherlock@ - The Internet Consulting Detective
Lost and found - information with a Holmesian style
See the "Tip of the Fortnight" at
http://www.intermediacy.com/sherlock/forttip.html
Analyze the "Latest Problem" at
http://www.intermediacy.com/sherlock/fortprob.html