Re: Frame Indexing

Subject: Re: Frame Indexing
From: "John A. Lord" <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 12:06:29 -0800

At 09:53 AM 11/22/96 -0800, Janice wrote:

<snip>------------
>Help is at hand for at least UNIX or Windows (and possibly Macintosh
>by now) in the form of IXgen, a product we use and adore from Frank
>Stearns Associates (franks -at- fsatools -dot- com). Not only does it provide
>the capability to expand and contract markers, it also enables you
>to produce an editable generated marker list, which you can edit and
>then propagate the corrections back into the chapter files of the book.
>I have no commercial connection with this product; it has, however,
>saved me untold hours of frustration.
<snip>-------------

I contacted Frank Stearns, and he responded as follows:
"We are now shipping IXgen for Windows 95, NT, & 3.1. No Mac version at
this time."

You can visit his Web site at http://www.pacifier.com/~franks to read about
the product and download a demo.

Mac users should note Frank's response to my question about supporting the
Mac in the future:
"Really depends on how strong the demand is. We do have a number of
Mac requests for IXgen, but to date, not quite enough for us to
justify and support the port.
But, we'll put you down for a Mac vote".

Note: I have no financial or business interests in this product, but would
be interested in a Mac version. All you Mac supporters should take a look
and let Frank know if you are also interested.

BTW, does anyone know of the availability of a Mac graphics tool similar to
Visio?

Regards
John Lord

Technical Publications
Livingston Enterprises, Inc.
Pleasanton, California. jlord -at- livingston -dot- com
Phone (510) 426-0770 http://www.livingston.com/
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx