Re: Syntax Diagrams

Subject: Re: Syntax Diagrams
From: John Ahlstrom <jahlstro -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:41:08 -0800

As always I have to ask "For what audience?"
The way I would describe it to very technical
people is different from very non-technical.

MANY examples are necessary but as examples not
as the descritption of the language.

I like the lines and arrows notation but perhaps
I am too technical to be representative of your
audience?

Another is the way that COBOL is described.

I will try to find some examples and maybe even
a definition if you are intrested.

JKA

John Ahlstrom jahlstrom -at- cisco -dot- com
408-526-6025 Using Java to Decrease Entropy

Any neural system sufficiently complex to generate the axioms of
arithmetic is too complex to be understood by itself.
Kaekel's Conjecture