Re: RoboHelp-the adventure begins

Subject: Re: RoboHelp-the adventure begins
From: William Warner <Bill -dot- Warner -at- RELIASTAR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:07:09 -0600

Jules,

I started using RoboHELP with no programming background, virtually no
training or programmer support... It is very intuitive and easy to
learn. With a technical writing background, you will master RoboHELP
very quickly, especially if you have RoboHELP 4. This tool uses MS
Word as its base and adds very useful tools.

Bill Warner, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Writer
ReliaStar Financial
Minneapolis, Minnesota
bwarner -at- reliastar -dot- com

Subject: RoboHelp-the adventure begins
Author: TECHWR-L (INTERNET.TECHWRL) at LOTUSAU
Date: 11/20/96 10:54 AM

Hello fellow techtrons,

I've just been green-lighted to develop on-line help for a new tool with
RoboHelp (as opposed to the programmers doing it in C++). I've never worked
with this tool before, but several of my colleagues have. But we have a question
regarding the inital setup of the tool. How much and what kind of programmer
involvment is required? We will be having training on the tool, but I need this
information for my deliverable plan.

If those of you who have worked with RoboHelp fresh out of the box on a project
could supply me with time/work estimates/definitions and general words of
wisdom, I would be very grateful. Of course I'll post to the list a summary of

Thanks a bunch.
Jules "Life is short. Eat dessert first"
(J.A.E. Tholen)
612.391.1354
tholeja -at- anubis -dot- network -dot- com