Re: Killer Language Posts

Subject: Re: Killer Language Posts
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:02:00 -0800

At 01:56 PM 11/14/96 GMT, you wrote:
>It may be news to some people, but gender is not unique to
>humans. All animals and virtually all plants have male and/or
>female gender.

Not to mention *words* in some languages. In fact, my Random House
unabridged dictionary foregrounds the linguistic definition of gender and
discusses sex (you should pardon the expression) as a secondary definition.

--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040