Word hunt

Subject: Word hunt
From: bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 13:15:05 MTN

Hello,
A fellow tech writer has asked me to pose the question
below to the list. I'm sure he wouldn't have asked if it
weren't related to tech writing. ;')
I told him I think there's no such word (after searching my
dictionary for anything starting with "nom"). But I'd love
to be proven wrong.
Any takers? Please reply directly to me. If anyone wants a
summary of the replies, please tell me you do and I'll post
a summary.
Thanx!
Beth in Tucson
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com

Ze question is:
I'm searching for a word that means "the thing you're
named after." Not namesake--that's the other way
around. This would be like: the State of Indiana was
Indiana Jones' ______________.