Re: Killer Language

Subject: Re: Killer Language
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:50:24 -0800

Eric said...
>I'm sorry for the interruption or for
>executing/killing/??? the discussion.
>Carry on. ;-)

To answer Patricia Funston, who said...

>>the original exchange was about =
>>using terms such as abort, execute, and kill in computer documentation. =
>>Since that has been an issue in my workplace and for our corporate style =
>>guide, I was glad to see the discussion.

So, now I have to ask--because I'm really curious about this one--
who's the target audience? Because *not* using these terms that are
so firmly established in software-industry parlance would never have
occurred to me. What made *you* (those of you who have considered
purging "violent" terms from documentation) think of it?

Enquiring minds wanna know!

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.