Re: Documentation Studio

Subject: Re: Documentation Studio
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 08:09:45 -0800

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Lee Bumgarner wrote:

> Documentation Studio is an integrated suite of authoring tools and
> utilities that allow simultaneous creation of printed documents, Windows
> online
> Help, standard HTML pages and Microsoft HTML Help, all from a single source
> file.

Has anyone seen an example of single-sourcing that is *good*? I've
seen examples (such as the manual for RoboHELP 3.0...the last release
before RoboHELP 95), but none of them have been *good* documents. I think
that, in theory, single-sourcing is wonderful, but in execution, its
inherent problems are pretty obvious.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/