Re: Windows Pointer Clip Art

Subject: Re: Windows Pointer Clip Art
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- AIRMAIL -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 11:54:09 +600

On 8 Nov 96 at 11:15, rebecca siegel wrote:

> Does anyone know of a clip art collection that contains the various
> Windows pointer shapes (for example, right-pointing arrow,
> left-pointing arrow, drag page, hourglass, etc.).

Rebecca,

Just yesterday I did a web search for "clip art" and turned up tons
of free collections of web art, exactly the things you are looking
for. Lots of arrows, signs, buttons, etc. I could not believe the
abundance and the price (FREE)!

I found the best ones from Yahoo. Just type the words "clip art" and
sit back. I also searched the same words at Lycos and Alta Vista.

The advantage, besides being free, is that they are immediately
available! I also talked to a coworker who did not realize that every
time you go through a web session, most all of those images are saved
automatically on your hard drive. If you use Navigator, look in the
Netscape\Navigator\Cache directory. The files will have names like
"M0pvjr.gif" but a simple graphics program like Paint Shop Pro can
view all of these files. Many, if not copyrighted, are also suitable
for using in printed documentation.

Hope this helps,

Jane Bergen
"my opinions are my own..."