Re: unrequested attachments may contain virus

Subject: Re: unrequested attachments may contain virus
From: Jim Lindsey <lindsey -at- ATCON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 08:33:24 -0400

Dear Everyone:

Arlen's is the most probable explanation, it seems to me, of what happened.
Now that the WINMAIL.DAT files are gone, the screen vibration and noises
have stopped, except that the little wait wristwatch vibrates while
Framemaker is saving, which is never used to do, and Framemaker is saving
two or three times every few minutes, instead of once every thirty minutes,
as I have it set in the preferences. Also, with the WINMAIL.DAT files
gone, I have been able to run Norton Disk Doctor. There was considerable
corruption in the system, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Except for
whatever is going on with Framemaker, which it didn't notice.

Yes, my new byword, IF YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING IT, DON'T OPEN IT.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Lindsey
President, Softspoken
- Advanced Technical Documentation and Translation -
email: lindsey -at- atcon -dot- com
Phone/Fax: 902-852-4907
Postal: 11 Cove Road
Prospect, Nova Scotia B3T 2B2

"How much is in the germ! There is such an interval between my ideal and the
actual in many instances that I may say that I am unborn."

Henry David Thoreau