Re: Hard Hitting Computing

Subject: Re: Hard Hitting Computing
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:39:19 -0800

At 02:57 PM 11/5/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Maybe we could come up with a glossary of two-fisted computing terms. No,
>"paste" doesn't count, even though it's in Webster.

I would suggest several entries. (In no way do these suggest my own sensitivities. But I rarely write something that only I will read.)

terminate
abort
invalid
parent/child
orphan/widow
master/slave
kill
hit
etc.

On a lighter note: when I am instructed by a manual to "Depress the Enter key," I've taken to looking at it and saying, "You're so ugly you could back up a train."

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kjolberg -at- msn -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net