Technical translation info

Subject: Technical translation info
From: Melissa Lowery <MLOWERY -at- GWM -dot- SC -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 14:29:31 -0500

I know we just discussed technical translation and related concerns a
few weeks ago, but of course, I didn't save any of the thread because "I
didn't think it related to me" (has this phrase become our standard
disclaimer on this list recently or what? Kind of like standing up at the
beginning of an AA meeting and admitting that you have a problem...)

Anyway, a friend who is a grad student in French has asked me to see if
I could get some information about technical translation and about how to
get into the field (aside from having the language proficiency). If anyone
can point me to some good resources (especially the address of the tech
translating listserv) I would be very grateful! Please respond off-list if
possible. Thanks.

Melissa Lowery
USC Contractual Software Services