How does your company user editors?

Subject: How does your company user editors?
From: Juliana_Wallace -at- ISSERV9 -dot- IDX -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 09:56:47 -0400

I am managing a new editorial group for a software company, and our HR
department is trying to benchmark our editor positions against similar
positions around the country. Our editors not only provide traditional
editing services, but also serve as experts/educators in documentation
tools and standards, advise on web issues, create templates and standards
for a variety of types of documents, etc.

My question is this: does your company use editors? If so, what do you
call them and what do they do? Finally, if you can give me an idea of
approximately what the pay scale is for the editors, that would help.

Please respond directly to wallace -at- idx -dot- com -dot-

Thanks!
Juliana