Contract: East Bay DB Tech Writer

Subject: Contract: East Bay DB Tech Writer
From: Lists <lists -at- CHANCELLOR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 12:12:38 -0800

ba.jobs.contract,misc.jobs.contract
USA-CA-Menlo Park - Technical Writer, Windows, RDBMS (Agency)

---------------------------C&C&C&C&C----------------------

We are CHANCELLOR & CHANCELLOR, INC.
a brokerage firm for Computer Technology Professionals
successfully serving Bay Area companies for over 15 years

---------------------------C&C&C&C&C----------------------

We have the following contract opening:

CONTRACT: Technical Writer for Win 3.1

LOCATION: Oakland, CA

CONTRACT DESCRIPTION:

Our client has openings for both a senior technical writer and a junior
technical writer
to document a large datawarehousing system. This project uses Win 3.1 and
Informix
database.

The senior writer will oversee the work of the junior writer and will also
coordinate
and be responsible for the documentation project. Both writers will work
closely with
the development team. Development team will assist with input about documenting
the DB Administration manuals. Writers will need to have some technical
background
but an in-depth understanding of RDBMS is not required. The documentation
will be
done on Framemaker.

This position will require some on-site work, however much of the documentation
may be done off-site should the contractor prefer off-site work.

The contract will run 3-6 months.

QUALIFICATIONS:
*) Junior opening: 2-4 years technical writing experience;
Senior opening: 3-5
years technical writing experience
*) Ability to meet tight deadlines
*) Knowledge of databases, RDBMS, especially Informix is a plus.
*) Framemaker
*) Familiarity and ease communicating with software development
engineers
*) Excellent communication skills
*) BA/BS

More information about Chancellor & Chancellor and our
complete contract listings can be found at our
Web Site: http://www.chancellor.com

Generally, our clients prefer e-mail, please send us your
resume in electronic format whenever possible.

E-mail your resume to:
contracts -at- chancellor -dot- com
(ASCII text or uuencoded)

or fax your resume to:
fax: (415) 435-5532

Please be sure to indicate the position you are interested in.
If you do fax your resume, please include your e-mail address.

If you have any questions contact:
Amy or Anthony
tel: (415) 332-0123

Our openings are for individuals with several years
experience in the business environment. We regret
that we are unable to help recent graduates with their
job search.