survey

Subject: survey
From: MQDJG -at- TTACS -dot- TTU -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:49:19 -0600

I am currently conducting a feasibility study over telecommuting from the
Lubbock, Texas area. As part of my research phase I am conducting a survey of
technical writers. I would appreciate any responses, but please send them
directly to me, in order to reduce traffic on the listserve. Please list
"survey" in your subject line for any responses. Thank you for all your help

Jim Gregory
jgregory -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu

1. What is your job title?\

2. How long have you worked in the technical writing field?
3. Do you telecommute?
4. Does your company encourage telecommuting
5. What is your company's name?
6. Does your company allow telecommuting?
7. If you don't telecommute, would you if possible?
8. Do you feel distance affects telecommuting output quality?
9. If you are in a position to hire telecommuters, what are some of your
hiring factors?
10. What do you consider the largest problem with telecommuting?

The following are for independent contractors

11. Do you feel an independent contractor can effectively telecommute from
outside a major metroploitan area?
12. What types of jobs do you feel a telecommuter can get most easily?
13. Are employers willing to hire telecommuters rather than office employees?