Re: Gender in Prof. Writing

Subject: Re: Gender in Prof. Writing
From: Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:21:03 -0500

Mary asked >I have a friend who is compiling a bibliography of sources
(print, Web,
>whatever) that concern the relationship between gender and professional
>writing. Does anyone have any suggestions about articles, books, on-line
>sources that she might explore?

My first check on gender terminology is the wonderfully succinct "The
Handbook of Nonsexist Writing" by Casey Miller and Kate Swift (2nd ed.,
1988, Harper & Row, ISBN 0-06-096238-0 pbk).

Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Schlumberger Oilfield Marketing Services
225 Schlumberger Drive, Sugar Land, TX 77478
(713)275-7563, fax -8545