Re: Word Masterdoc problems

Subject: Re: Word Masterdoc problems
From: Leslie McKendry-Smith <McKendrySmith -at- MBNET -dot- MB -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 08:58:19 -0500

Hi Janet,

As you've discovered, Word's master document feature is a bit flaky--and you
haven't got the 'out of memory' error yet.

Until recently, I suffered like you but, last week I learned how to generate
an index and TOC by using the RD field code feature.

I won't waste bandwidth explaining the procedure here. Instead, I'll refer
you to Dian Chesney's page at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dian_chesney . Look under "Tech
Tips" for the instructions on how to use RD codes.

Good Luck,
Leslie McKendry-Smith