Re: Windows help tools

Subject: Re: Windows help tools
From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 12:18:41 GMT

Bruce replies to:

>>I am looking for information on help tools that are >>useable
on a Macintosh.

I can't recommend any, sorry.
But there is an alternative...
<<

and mentions HTML as an alternative.

I recollect that when I was looking at help tools for an RS/6000
system, I came across Hyperhelp, and ISTR that it has a version
for the Mac.

I didn't see it on a Mac, but tried the AIX Windows demo
version. It compiles the same source .rtf files as windows help,
and the output is similar. We didn't go for it because the cost
put the client off (the software was several thousand pounds for
one licence), and I don't know whether it provides any tool for
preparing the .rtf.

We'd planned to write the stuff using PCs in any event.

I hope this is of some help!

Iain
iharrison -at- sct -dot- co -dot- uk