Personal Standards Once Again

Subject: Personal Standards Once Again
From: "Christine Lienhart, x4560" <clienhart -at- UVSG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 09:19:00 CDT

Contracts are made to be lived up to, not renegotiated. Who do you think
you
are, a professional ball player?

Great analogy, but no. I certainly don't think there would be any harm
in *attempting* to renegotiate. If the client is not receptive to that,
then all I'm saying is to move on and learn from it. I'm not saying she
should try to blame anyone...

As for "delivering what she promised to deliver," I would agree with
that, but the perceived product and the actual product were two different
things...granted her error in judgment. Along the lines of what someone
just said, why make a federal case of it (and self-inflict hours of
unpaid work) when you may be able to settle it with a quick phone call?

Christine Lienhart
Technical Writer
Tulsa, OK