Re: FW: Everybody's a Reviewer

Subject: Re: FW: Everybody's a Reviewer
From: Paul David Marvel <marvel -at- UDEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 21:49:02 -0400

> I have just finished writing a manual which is quite good. It's been through
> three reviews with the SMEs and all their corrections have been entered.

> a creative idea: The entire R&D and QA staff has to read the entire book.

> give me some good arguments why this shouldn't happen. When I noted

Perhaps a subtle offense would work better than an argument against.

You could point out the logistical problems and suggest ways to deal with
them. For example, you're bound to get conflicting edits and opinions, so
you will have to set up some equitable way to pick the winners without
embroiling everyone in a huge arguement. If you are offering solutions,
you are not resisting. If you make the solution sound like more trouble
than the plan, the boss will probably give the idea up.

-paul

marvel -at- brahms -dot- udel -dot- edu