IRC conference: writing for translation

Subject: IRC conference: writing for translation
From: John Trollope <John -dot- Trollope -at- TEAM17 -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 18:50:53 +0100

Hello,

I am a translator subscribed to the Lantra-L mailing list for Translation
Issues.

Someone recently forwarded a post entitled "writing for translation" which
caused quite a bit of healthy controversy on our list(!)

I would love to get other translators and you together for a live discussion
of this issue. We have a permanent IRC channel on irc.team17.com port 6667,
#lantra.

If IRC means nothing to you, you can learn all about and what software you
need (only one smallish program) by reading my faq at the following address:
http://www2.team17.com/~jtrollope/lantra.html

I will mail it to your list if the listowner (ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) thinks it
is a good idea.

Would people be willing to do this on a Saturday? This makes it easiest to
schedule a convenient time for all (except for those who observe the Sabbath...)

So, unless I get tons of complaints, I'm going to suggest a time of 4 p.m.
Greenwich Median (London) Time (not-too-early to late morning for the
Americas, late afternoon to early evening for Europe) on Saturday, 19
October 1996.

Comments?

Cheers,
John

P.s. Please cc (john -dot- trollope -at- team17 -dot- com) any reply you make to the list
about this - thanks.

--
John Trollope - John -dot- Trollope -at- Team17 -dot- com \ "Un dictionnaire,
French translator and product localiser \ c'est tout l'univers