Re: A-Countability

Subject: Re: A-Countability
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 06:35:04 PDT

> Because we already use folio-numbering in our books, I think it makes
> sense to maintain that style. Changing our numbering style might
> confuse customers (albeit briefly), and the possible usability payoff
> of sequential numbering is not worth the confusion.

Do you really think your users are that stupid? Sequential page numbering
is something they have been familiar with since early childhood. They
ought to be able to master the shock of seeing normally numbered pages
by now.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139