Re: Writing vs. ??? TECHNICAL writing

Subject: Re: Writing vs. ??? TECHNICAL writing
From: Penny Staples <pstaples -at- UBISERVER -dot- CHS -dot- MB -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 11:54:21 -0500

Hi folks,

I've been following this dicussion with some interest, and
thought I'd throw in my .02 worth on this:

I agree with Joanna's comments on including discussions of
usage on this list. While I realize that Technical Writing
involves more than just grammar, I believe that the rules of
grammar and usage are among the most important tools of our
profession. If we don't use them properly, then we aren't
professional writers -- technical or otherwise.

Given this, I am somewhat mystified as to why anyone would
have a problem with a discussion of usage on this list (hope
this isn't too incendiary...).

Regards,

Penny Staples