Re: Tech writers' salaries

Subject: Re: Tech writers' salaries
From: Jim Grey <jimgrey -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 08:07:00 EST

David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET> said:
>I saw this phenomenon in 1982 when I moved to the East Coast. Another
>post complained that salaries are still low in Indiana. I found that
>true of Ohio in the early 80s. The rates were much higher on both US
>coasts. The same is happening now.

As someone else correctly reminded me in private e-mail, the cost of living
is significantly lower here in Indiana than on either coast. This certainly
bears on the salary scale.

Peace,
jim
--
jim grey |beebeebumbleandthestingersmottthehoopleraycharlessingers
jimgrey -at- iquest -dot- net|lonniemackandtwangin'eddiehere'smyringwe'regoingsteadyta
|http://www.iquest.net/jimgrey~/
"There. Enough crankiness. Time for more coffee!" - R. Thaler-Carter