Security on the WWW - a clarification

Subject: Security on the WWW - a clarification
From: "I started out with nothing. I still have most of it left." <sharona -at- INTRANET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 17:42:24 EDT

>> The way I understand it, security is the biggest reason to use PDF
>> files on the Web as opposed to HTML.

>How are PDF files more secure than HTML files? Are you using password
>protection?

I realized after I posted it that "security" can be used in a couple of
ways. I was thinking along the lines of the documentation being secure
from alteration: the customer can download it and print it, but cannot
alter the source files. This is our primary concern for our user
doc. Other books that contain system-level information will probably
never go on the Web precisely because of security concerns (more traditional
meaning used here).

Sorry if I confused anyone...but I'm on a deadline and tired as heck. :-)

Sharona