Subject: Summary: GB Initialism
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 08:38:41 EST

Thanks again to those who took the time to answer my question about
Mega/Giga bytes. I knew that MB/GB were commonly used in computer mags,
but had been told to find a better reference. Thankfully, Chris Thiessen
pointed me to the Microsoft Style Guide (which I haven't yet invested
in, as I'm working with a UNIX interface, but am beginning to think I
should, anyway). And Stacey pointed me to a wonderful online computer
dictionary:

http://wfn-shop.princeton.edu/foldoc/contents.html

Thanks again for your time.

Karla McMaster, technical writer