Re: new task

Subject: Re: new task
From: Michael Albers <ngbma -at- TTACS -dot- TTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 23:37:12 -0600

>> Now I have a new opportunity! My current employer has asked me to help
>> move the company in a new direction. He'd like me to join the
>> development team in the beginning of the next project and write *all*
>> the documentation, including that which the programmers would otherwise
>> have written.

I've had that chance before. Unfortunately, how it goes depends on your
programmers. Mine were quite willing to forget I existed and not invite me
to design meeting, keep me informed of changes, etc.

Work hard to stay inside the loop, including yelling loudly early if they
push you aside. On the other hand, if you are a full team member, work hard
to get the interface designed well and then the documentation becomes easy.

Mike Albers