Re: Looking for Copyright info

Subject: Re: Looking for Copyright info
From: Louise Dedekian <Louise_Dedekian -at- NOTES -dot- TERADYNE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:05:10 -0400

Tracy Boyington (trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us) wrote:

. . . Iain, are you talking about a link as in "click here to go to
Ford's
page" and the user sees FORD's page . . .

Tracy's statement brings to mind a question (which may or not be related
to copyrights) I have had about linking to other Internet Web sites. Do
you need to get permission from the organization or corporation whose
page you want to link to prior to placing a link in your own Web page?

I'm planning to have a page in my organization's intranet site that lists
Internet Web sites of interest, such as Oracle Corporation, Microsoft,
and the like. Some people have told me I need permission from these
corporations; others say I do not. I think I should get the corporation's
permission. What do you all think?

Louise Dedekian
louise_dedekian -at- notes -dot- teradyne -dot- com