Re: Making up user names

Subject: Re: Making up user names
From: Wolf Lahti <wduby -at- PACCAR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 06:49:51 -0700

Rebecca Phillips asked

>How do other people make up user names? Do you just use John and Jane
>Smith?

To the best of my knowledge, this is a true story, though I have no
authenticating resource to cite:

When members of the British comedy group were sitting around trying to come
up with a name, they kept coming up with ideas that had already been used.
It was Eric Idle, I think, who suggested "Monty Python--because no one's
ever been called *that* before!"

A few months after _Monty Python's Flying Circus_ aired, they received a
letter from a Mr Montgomery Python who, fortunately, thought the use of his
name was delightful.

"I hate quotations!" Wolf Lahti
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson Allen, Washington
wduby -at- paccar -dot- com wolf-lahti -at- usa -dot- net